Shipment delay reason
Shipment delay reason can be varied. Frequently this is caused by an important piece of information being missed on accompanying documentation. Delays can also be due to other reasons not directly associated to the customs clearance process such as weather, epidemics. Below are some reasons for you to avoid in order to avoid delays
Shipment delay reason in brief:
- Customs Declarations – missing value, inadequate description of goods can cause delays
- Paperwork and Documentation – small details missing from paperwork
- Missing Licence and Certificates – licence or Origin Certificate requirements not met
- Customs – Timescales, clearance rate within minutes
- Seasons – Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, global holidays
- Volatility – weather, high seas, epidemics, strikes
- Impounded Stock – Civil Penalties, HMRC, licence requirements
Understanding the requirements of international import and export is essential if you want to avoid delays in your supply chain. Research destination country requirements to ensure you are fully aware of any potential problems.
We have previously written in more detail on this subject which can be found here
If you have more technical delays or simply wish to speak with one of our specialists please contact us.
You may want to look at our sister company Clearlight Brokerage who specialise in customs clearance.